Field calculations

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 11:52:56 EDT 2013

Hi J. Landman Gay

That is truly a wealth of information at that link. If I am to learn about
any kind of app, and in the case of LiveCode the information is everywhere,
and you need to find it where every it is hidden. In many cases the
information like DataGrids is not available or it is tied to the purchase
of an additional product. That is what I found with DataGrids. I want to
learn more about a DataGrid because I am a database developer and it seemed
like a good control to know about. I reviewed the DataGrid Helper product
on the LC store and looked at the video on the developer site. But it was
selling their product not allowing the user to use the control as it was in
LC. I find it is best to understand the control rather than start using a
custom product to do the tasks. It is the same thing with MobGui where the
one of two reference books for LC uses MobGui for all of its descriptions
to manage controls.

A simple thing I am finding also is the dictionary in LC is not very good.
Yesterday after I got the wrinkles out of my math scripts, I needed to
format the fields with a money symbol and decimal spaces. The Format
command gave me an error when I used it in my math script. The dictionary
gives little in the way of script help to debug the reason why it did not
work. I am finding this true of many of the dictionary descriptions. Maybe
a developer will write a new dictionary stack for new users that includes
sample code like the example you have at your link.

Thank you for being so helpful

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41