[OT] Bitbucket Livecode Language Support

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Sep 6 17:54:15 EDT 2013

On 07/09/2013, at 2:58 AM, Pascal Lehner <tate83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to let you know that I raised a ticket with bitbucket asking
> them to add livecode (community) as a supported language. If they accept my
> request, bitbucket should be able to do DIFF and other fun stuff with
> .livecode files and display the scripts instead of "cannot display binary
> file".
>
> Here is the ticket:
> https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/8046/please-add-livecode-language-support

Do Atlassian have a history of doing enormous amounts of work to develop diff and three way merge tools on proprietary file formats for obscure languages? I suspect not...

The good news is lcVCS is progressing nicely to the point that Trevor is prepared to entrust Clarify to it:
http://github.com/montegoulding/lcVCS

Using lcVCS on a BitBucket or GitHub repo you will see the diffs etc like you want and also merge which is the whole reason I started the project.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!