"Introducing New LiveCode Licenses"

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Oct 29 14:38:13 EDT 2013

> Now were RunRev to offer a weekly licence for about $100 I would work
> like mad to get my Devawriter Pro up to speed with any new features in
> current recensions of LC using the Community version, and then pay for a
> week's licence to pump out my locked standalones.

Howdy Richmond,

I agree, rentals could be another good option, with just the right
price/time to discourage abuse but be workable to those who need a
middle option.

Good story. Mark also mentioned hobby developers trying to cover the
cost of dev devices and so on - that's true.

And even people doing freeware don't necessarily want to release source.
Some freeware products have grown into successful commercial products
the next time around.

I'd be supportive of any middle option ideas other than Free Commercial.
I share your view that it would be a meltdown, and hopefully you're
right that it would never happen.

Great discussion. I'm going to truly bail out into lurk mode again; I
have limited energy from health and have to budget most of it onto
projects rather than discussions, but this one was too important to sit out!

Best wishes,

Curry K.