Vanishing Unicode

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 13:57:00 EDT 2013


On 10/29/2013 07:40 PM, Tereza Snyder wrote:
> Having taken a long mental vacation from coding,

That sounds very, very healthy indeed.

>   I find that I’ve forgotten almost everything I knew, but this has got to be more than just a mental lapse:
>
> I made a stack that uses a unicode icon font. It worked well. I made a standalone, included the font, and used revfontload to load it. It worked well. I emailed it to my client. It worked well. I reopened that stack today and all I see are little "mystery char" glyphs everywhere, and nothing I do, including updating from LC 5.5.4 to 6.1.2 changes it.
>
> Can anyone help me before I lose my mind altogether?
>
> t
>
>
>
> --
> Tereza Snyder
> Califex Software, Inc.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Probably the revFontLoad is the problem; I have never liked it, and ask 
my end-users to put my
home-grown font into their font folder.

If you are using your standalone on any versions of Windows post XP 
there are a serious number of
problems (err, sorry, the buzz word is "issues") relating to Unicode 
fonts there.

If you want you can send me the font and the stack off-list and I will:

1. Open your font and see if your icons are stored in the Personal 
Private Use Area of the First Unicode Plane
or not; certainly if they are things should be OK, but if they are in 
standard language specific areas Windows  will probably play merry hell 
with them.

Richmond.




More information about the Use-livecode mailing list