External Editor . . . on and on

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 02:35:08 EDT 2013

Digging around in "Metacard 4.5" I found the hopelessly
outdated "Dialog Box Help" and under "Script Editor" this:

'If you want to run that external editor directly, bypassing
MetaCard's script editor, choose the menu item "Set External Editor"
from the Tools menu in the MetaCard menu bar.'

And, naive as ever, I started getting all excited; but 'twas not to be, as,
on going to the 'Tools' menu "Set External Editor" was not to be seen.

I asked a fairly direct question relating to this the other day, and as
somebody else pointed out as well, have not had even a twitch of an answer.

When I get home (I'm at work right now) I'll check whether that menu
item existed in
MC 2.4 as the original download link for that now seems to have vanished.

Richmond.