Setup Questions for LiveCode Server

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 21 23:39:56 EDT 2013

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> How does it perform under security tests?

There's a lot to security of most issues with any CGI engine (PHP, Perl,
etc.) are with the scripts rather than the engines themselves.

But one of the most common engine vulnerabilities - buffer overflows -
is apparently not something we LiveCoders need to worry about, at least
when Dr. Raney was maintaining the engine:

     Scott Raney Wed, 09 May 2001 13:44:48 -0700

     Just got the latest SANS newsletter and apparently
     I'm not the only one who's dumbfounded by the number
     of buffer overflow bugs in server software (Re: my
     rant to this list a few months ago suggesting we
     charge programmers who write code with these kinds
     of bugs in them with criminal negligence, and stating
     that you're virtually immune from these kinds of bugs
     if you write your software in MetaCard).
      Regards,
        Scott

<http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.runrev.com/msg02659.html>

--