Why Microsoft Word must Die

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 19 15:06:57 EDT 2013

Yes, its different things for different people.  I have never needed the math
aspect, neither has anyone I am supporting.  All they have needed is a way
to write properly formatted copy without having to actually do any
formatting themselves.

But clearly if that is what you need, Lyx is manna from Heaven.

It must be unusual, and maybe LiveCode is one of the few other examples,
where something can at the same time be so useful to those with totally
unsophisticated needs, and to those with quite technical ones - as in the
need to generate properly formatted formulae.

Maybe the moral is, if you like LC, you should try Lyx?

Al