5.5.4 suddenly crashing constantly

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:18:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All of a sudden (today), 5.5.4 is *constantly* crashing on me.
>>

> It's not just 5.5.4; 6.1.2 is crashing it at least as bad (one try, and
> earlier than in 5.5.4's worst roun)

The original message is waiting moderation due to the size of the crashlog,
it seems . . .

Anyway, I've narrowed the problem down.

I have rows of data for display/entry, with each row a group holding fields.

When a user enters enough data to make a field longer, the height of the
field is increased.  This can leave it behind the next row, and thus not
visible.

So I added code to save the layer of the group as a stack property on
openField, set the layer of the group holding the field to top, and then on
close/exitField reset the layer.

The simple stack attached will crash both 5.5.4 and 6.1.2 on OSX if your
tab through the fields a few times.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462