OT: Time Machine Alternatives?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 16 16:28:17 EDT 2013

I haven't had any issues with Time Machine on multiple boxes, using
different drives at different locations.

That said, before TM I have used Retrospect for 20 years, sometimes
standalone, but mostly on the network for our entire company, and to my
memory, I have never had a recovery failure from Retrospect, despite a pile
of 32 dead hard drives (at last count) sitting on a desk behind me.  We
have backed up to DAT, Travan, disk drives, and probably other technologies
during that time.