Blocking/non-blocking http requests

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Wed Oct 16 13:43:09 EDT 2013

Jacque,

While "PUT" commands can be unauthorized for good security reasons, i never had to do with a server configured to reject  "POST" commands whose are, by the way, always more easy to manage securely than the "GET" ones.

Yes, we can depend from the server's response against HTTP POST and GET commands in checking the "it" variable before going head with the next line of script execution, even if the HTTP message comes from a client side AJAX asynchronous request (the asynchronous mode impacts only the client side way to submit and handle the server's response; it do not impact at all the server-side way to receive and reply to it).

Last but not least, long time ago (before 2003), the Metacard engine went buggy handling the POST command 1 period peer sequence of 20 consecutive POST requests he received. This bug disappeared definitively with, at least, Rev 2.0.3 and upon (the first version of Rev i used for my own).

The GET command is available on all platforms, LC-Server included while the POST command is available on any platforms except LC-Server witch can only accept and reply to the ones he receive from client-side apps.

AFAIK, Monte's external suites extends this basics in useful ways on the iOS and Android platforms.