When is a pointer tool not a pointer tool?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Oct 15 16:45:54 EDT 2013

Thanks Richard

I am seeing if your observation might have something to do with my problem. I built a little stack with a group (it's two graphics), one other graphic on top of the group, another elsewhere on the card. A button toggles the cantSelect of the group, and another button chooses the pointer tool. The idea was to test your observation. Surprise, with the pointer tool chosen and the cantSelect of the group set to true, the pointer tool can select either graphic, even though one is on top of the unselectable group. Perhaps I misunderstood your remark, but it seems to mean that it doesn't matter if i have a card with some kind of unselectable background object(s), selectable stuff on top of this background will continue to be selectable. For me the result is the same in the IDE as in a standalone. So back to the drawing board. I wish I could produce a really simple stack that would show the issue I'm having.

Graham