Trapping for mouseDown on the desktop on a Mac

Ray ray at linkit.com
Sat Oct 12 09:31:34 EDT 2013

On Windows the instant there is a 'mouseDown' on the desktop the current
stack window goes inactive, thus triggering the suspendStack message.  I
use this to create a field which then accepts dragDrops.  However, this
is different on a Mac.  The current stack window on a Mac waits until
the mouse comes up on a desktop click, thus defeating my scheme which
creates the field to accept a dragDrop as soon as the mouse goes down on
the desktop.

Any ideas anybody on how to trap for a mouse down on the desktop on a Mac?

Many thanks,

Ray
LinkIt! Software