Debugging resizeStack handlers

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Oct 7 15:48:27 EDT 2013

Pete,

On Oct 7, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has any tips on debugging resizeStackhandlers.  My
> experience is that any runtime error makes the IDE hang and setting a
> breakpoint also hangs things up.
> Pete
> lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

I have taken to writing a handler that does all of the size and position adjustments then calling it from resizeStack after I've tested and debugged it.

on resizeStack pNewWdth, pNewHgt
  arrangeCard pNewWdth, pNewHgt
end resizeStack

on arrangeCard pNewWdth, pNewHgt
  # do size and position adjustments here
end arrangeCard

This way I can test arrangeCard from the message box and fiddle and tweak until it's working right. Only then do I place the call into the resizeStack handler.

That said, I have noticed that *sometimes* when you are hung up in the debugger inside a resizeStack handler, if you click stop and close the whole script editor (all of the tabs, not just the current tab), you can get out of the hung condition and not have to force quit.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University