Updating iOS apps

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Oct 1 17:50:24 EDT 2013

On 02/10/2013, at 7:23 AM, Andrew Kluthe <andrew at ctech.me> wrote:

> How is ad-hoc deployment handled on iOS with livecode? I recall something
> on the list from some time ago about being able to deploy test code to
> devices via dropbox.

If it's not on the app store (you have an enterprise program or are using a development profile) then yes you can do this fine. However, you would still need to handle new versions of the engine or externals so in the end it might be simpler to use a service like test flight to rapidly notify of updates and distribute your app. The advantage of having some form of auto-updater though is that hotfixes can be automatically integrated rather than requiring users to do anything. Another option might be to disable your app until users install the latest version although if you're updating as frequently as you mention that would get pretty annoying... You possibly want some combination of both.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!