HTTPS

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Nov 6 20:18:02 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Monte Goulding
<monte at sweattechnologies.com>wrote:

> There's a protocol called CONNECT. It doesn't look that complicated but
> it's not in libURL.

If I recall correctly from my discussions with Mark Wadingham on this, the
issue is a technical one with sockets. When using CONNECT the socket starts
out normally but then must be upgraded to a secure connection. LiveCode
sockets don't have this capability. So implementing CONNECT isn't possible
at the moment.

This problem should go away when the network layer is reworked as part of
the Kickstarter goals.

For the moment, however, the best solution I've found is to use curl. Just
using curl won't get you out of the woods though. When dealing with
corporate networks that use a proxy server you will most likely need code
that will detect the proxy server and that usually involves processing a
PAC file.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems