curlyquotes, character sets, livecode, and english

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun May 26 13:54:51 EDT 2013

UTF8 is one of the "languages" of uniEncode and uniDecode functions.  Maybe you can convert to and from UTF8 as you need.  Or pull unicode out of the field and convert that.

Character 213 is the first of a two byte sequence in UTF8, so a bubble-gum and tinfoil solution for that lone character would be to force a valid byte behind it and then remove it when you need.  This a bit ugly (I am hesitant to mention it) but it might have some advantages in your application.

Dar