Data From MySQL to SQLite

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu May 23 19:52:46 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll give that a try. Any idea if this might work for records
> containing binary data? I have one table with around 74 MB of data that I
> need to transfer over.

Another thought.  I think you have my SQLiteAdmin program.  If you can
export your data from the mySQL database in csv format or as INSERT
statements, you can use the SQLiteAdmin Import feature to load it into your
SQLite database -  it's on the Utilites tab, just select the file name and
"delimited" for a delimited file or "SQL" for a file of INSERT statements.

Having said that, I don't know how it might fare with binary data.  The
tab/comma delimited import uses Alex Tweedly's excellent csv parser but I
don't know if can handle binary data.  The import using INSERT statements
just passes the INSERTS to SQLite so it would depend on what it does with
binary data, and what the tool you use to create the INSERTs from mySQL
does with it.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>