start using stack

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu May 23 09:20:05 EDT 2013

OK, I have to confess I'm confused :-(

I thought you were trying to run a script on LC server (on-rev) and
having trouble getting "start using stack" to work.

But the testing stack below is actually a desktop stack which does a "go
stack URL ..." ??
So - if the rest of this reply is misguided - let's step back and
describe the problem & stacks in question again.

Anyway - the problem with this test stack ( goStackURL.livecode ) is ....

ON mouseUp
    put empty into field "info" of this card
    go stack URL field "target" of this card in a new window
    put the result into field "info" of this card
END mouseUp

but currently (i.e. as downloaded) the field "target" is empty. I
copy/pasted the name of the URL you mentioned

http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/file/n4665288/drawings.livecode

into the field, and it then works OK - the drawings stack is downloaded and run in my IDE.

BTW - there is then a problem with
    put the result into field "info" of this card

I think that's a problem because "this card" is not clear just after the "go stack" - not entirely sure about that.

-- Alex.