Mobile Bandwith and Battery Optimization

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 21 11:16:31 EDT 2013

On 21/05/13 18:01, Pascal Lehner wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just stumbled accross this video and the free online O'Reilly book from
> Ilya Grigorik on "High Performance Browser Networking". Thought that might
> be interesting to all the app developers out there..
>
> Grigorik also spoke during Google I/O 2013 - Mobile Performance from the
> Radio Up: Battery, Latency and Bandwidth Optimization:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASOm88Wh8g&feature=player_embedded
>
> Greetz from a very sunny Edinburgh (that's day 2 of 2 from this years
> summer..),

Get down here to Bulgaria where we are currently running at about 32 C
in day 10 of a Summer
which will last until about 1 October, maxing out at about 43-4 C in August.

Or, count yourself lucky!

Frankly I'd rather have some sort of wind blowing up Leith Walk with a
smell of bad fish than
the 4-5 months of baking, humid Summer we get in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

Folk may remember my turning up sopping wet at the RunRev offices having
walked from
Pollok Halls in the rain - and, as a person from near Elgin, that felt
just fine to me.

Richmond.