RevIgniter & current on-rev LiveCode server version

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun May 19 16:24:16 EDT 2013

Thanks  Ralf - I've now got a revIgniter instance installed safely in its own folder in my doc-root, outside of the public_html web-root and accessible from both my on-rev account web-root and a specific folder within one of my add-on domains.

This on-rev set-up required settings somewhat different from the installation guide, which I'll share, in case it helps others reading the archive…

To enable your on-rev account with revIgniter:
Install the zip file contents into a sub-folder in your on-rev home folder, such as '/home/accountName/revIgniter' - retaining the top-level folder, to keep everything together, perhaps rename this to 'revIgniter' or similar;
Optionally, for added security, rename the system sub-folder, such as 'foo';
Move the index.lc to your public_html web-root and edit it:
System folder name: /home/accountName/revIgniter/foo
Application Folder name: /home/accountName/revIgniter/foo/application
Open URL accountName.on-rev.com to test revIgniter starts

Access revIgniter from an add-on domain:
Move/copy index.lc to the required folder;
Edit Base Site URL in /home/accountName/revIgniter/foo/application/config/config.lc to the URL of your add-on domain's folder.

Now, time to start playing!
Best,
Keith..