RevIgniter & current on-rev LiveCode server version

Ralf Bitter rabit at revigniter.com
Sun May 19 12:57:29 EDT 2013

On 19.05.2013, at 16:51, Keith Clarke <keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for resending, Ralf - though I did see your original yesterday(?!?)
>
> Following your advice, I've been able to access revIgniter from myName.on-rev.com/index.lc by installing the contents of the zip file into my docroot myname.on-rev.com.
>
> For this, I had to edit index.lc as follow:
> system = /home/myName/revIgniter/system
> application - /home/myName/revIgniter/system/application

If you don't move or rename any of these folders there is
no need to modify index.lc. The location of these folders
are relative to the directory where your index.lc is located
independent of how deep your revIgniter folder is nested.

> This is great but I want to use revIgniter from a sub-folder of one of my add-on domains and I'm getting 404 errors at URL URL http://myDomain.com/myFolder/index.lc which resolves to folder /home/myName.on-rev.com/public_html/myDomain/myFolder
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem with path definitions in the index.lc file in the sub-domain folder (currently the same as above) and/or access permissions.
>
> Maybe I need a .htaccess file or something on my subdomain to be able to access revIgniter folders / files 'above' the add-on domain's web root 'up' to my account's docroot.
>
> Any ideas gratefully received.
> Best,
> Keith..

In this case all you have to do (really) is to define the "Base Site URL"
in your configuration file like:

put "http://myDomain.com/myFolder/" into gConfig["baseUrl"]

It is at the top of the configuration file in system/application/config/config.lc

Check your installation using an URL like:

http://myDomain.com/myFolder/index.lc

The next thing to do is to get rid of the need to include "index.lc" in your URIs.
This is explained in detail in the user guide.

Best

Ralf