Unicode display on Linux.

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun May 19 10:46:06 EDT 2013

On 05/19/2013 09:23 AM, Richmond wrote:

> Bug report or no bug report, I have to work with LC 4.5.
>
> A sorted out bug would appear in a later version; one for which I,
> currently (and many others, I suspect) do not have the money to buy.
>
> Therefore, from my point of view, at least, these sorts of work arounds
> are very important.
>
> Richmond.

Richmond,

Of course it's great to have a workaround and it's admirable that you
shared this one! I understand what you're saying about versions and for
people who are using an older version for which a bugfix will likely
never be made available this is invaluable. However, a bug fix is
obviously more ideal than a workaround and users of future versions,
which could include you at some point, are better served when fixes are
implemented. It does seem you have uncovered a really helpful piece of
information regarding this bug that could lead to a fix.

Do you have an account at
<http://quality.runrev.com/> ?

Warren