[AN] iOS to Android issues...

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 15 19:10:51 EDT 2013

On 5/15/13 3:39 PM, Paul Maguire wrote:

> In my build I am using 'new referenced control/image file' for all
> images. This workflow works fine for publishing to IOS but fails to
> load any images in Android. If I use a script to embed all linked
> media and compile for Android, all is well - images appear fine. I
> store all my images and other media in a Media folder next to the
> authoring file. It's like after compiling for Android the directory
> structure is destroyed and the app can't see or load images. I can
> see in the iOS app that the directory structure is maintained (I can
> explore the package in the Finder ) but I can't do this with the
> Android file file. Any ideas?

An apk is a zip file. Change the extension to .zip and you should be
able to unzip it and look inside. The Media folder should have been
transfered to an assets folder, and so the path will likely be different
than it was when you did the import. The standalone builder should have
accomodated that. You should see a Media folder inside the "assets"
folder in the archive. If it isn't there, I'd report it.

I'm not sure if the app will run if you recreate the folder structure
and then re-zip the archive but it's worth a try.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com