Rethinking rsa encryption of license keys

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed May 15 15:58:00 EDT 2013

On May 14, 2013, at 6:43 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> And whyle I'm asking such things, is one of the ciphers on livecode's list
> symmetrical?

Unless something exotic has been added recently, they all are, in the sense that you use the same key (and seed or IV, if used) for decrypting as you use for encrypting.

(Some, such as RC4 or those with ecb in the name, also are the same process for decrypting and encrypting, but I would recommend against using these modes, this is just an interesting aside.)

Dar