customPropertySets

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri May 10 19:08:22 EDT 2013

I think "undesirable" is a good way to put it.

I am working round it but, as usual, it's not quite as simple as it might
seem :-(

Here's another little oddity.
The Inspector palette for an object happily lets me add a property to
customkeys with spaces in its name, or any other special character for that
matter.  Problem is, there's no way to get the value of such a property by
referencing it with "the <propname> of ...."  Putting the name in such a
statement with no quotes around it gets a compile error and putting quotes
around it gets a runtime error.

Only way you can do it is put the customproperties of the object into a
variable, then reference the resulting array with the property name as a
key.

On the other hand, you can add a property with special chars to a named
custom property set and access it quite happily with, for example, the
dgProps["row template"].

Pretty inconsistent, wouldn't you say?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>