Question building standalone with external files

tbodine lvhdgc7 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:31:11 EDT 2013

Hi, LC gurus.

I'm struggling a bit to build a standalone (Windows XP) with external image
files in a separate folder.

If I build with "move substacks to individual stackfiles" checked, then the
standalone fails to show any of the 10 linked images. But if I build with
the "Move substacks" box unchecked, the images show up fine.

What difference does it make in linking images if substacks are internal or
external?

Other details: The images in the substack all show Source properties such as
"./app-art/mypic.png" (I do have that the app-art folder next to the
standalone when it runs). When the substack is external, it is next to the
exe with app-art folder at the same level.

Many thanks for enlightenment!
Tom Bodine