Is there a textChanged property?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed May 8 22:44:37 EDT 2013

I know about the textChanged message, but . . .

I have forms with many fields.  I have a closeField handler that sets a
flag when something changes, but this only triggers when leaving the field.

My assistant just discovered a bug that I hadn't--

I have fields that have hotkeys in them, one of which closes a group of
fields.  If a change is made in one, and the hotkey used to close, that
change doesn't get processed.

I suppose I could set my flag repeatedly whenever a key is pressed, but
this seems processor intensive.

Is there any way inside the keyUp handler to test whether the contents have
changed?

Or is this just a hangover from my 8 bit days with BASIC interpreters?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462