Is there a textChanged property?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu May 9 13:44:27 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> On 5/8/13 9:44 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

>> Or is this just a hangover from my 8 bit days with BASIC interpreters?

> I'm not sure why trapping every keyUp would be less intensive than using the
> built-in textchanged message, which is optimized. Is there a reason you
> don't want to use that? It was created for exactly the scenario you
> describe. You could remove your closefield handler too if you use it.

Probably an 8 bit hangover from the 70s & 80s, and my constant concern
about context switching overhead :)

I don't want to react to the text changing, but rather an event
(closing the group) triggered by a keystroke, which needs the handling
that would normally occur on closefield (which resums several fields
and does something with them, with computation costs I wouldn't want
for exitField while tabbing through them).

I suppose it isn't much overhead to "set the iChanged of the target"
on textChanged for every key hit, but it seems like a clumsy solution
. . .

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462