[OFF] The Competition

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 8 17:46:12 EDT 2013

Chay Wesley wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> So just how "native" are RB's controls?
>
> http://www.realsoftwareblog.com/2013/04/why-native-controls-are-important.html

Thanks for that, Chay.  And welcome to the LiveCode list.

I'd come across that blog entry earlier when I was looking for
information which might explain this Xojo move, but while it's a good
discussion of why native controls are useful, it didn't explain what RB
considers "native".

So just how "native" are RB's controls?  Do they also put in the effort
to provide a hybrid multi-platform solution for their scripters as
LiveCode does, or do they merely provide access to the native APIs and
expect everyone to write everything from scratch using the OS calls?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World