suspend/resume messages on Android?

Terry Judd terry.judd at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 7 21:29:37 EDT 2013

Hi Jacque (or anyone else?) - I may have misunderstood but I'm not getting any messages sent when an app is 'suspended' and 'resumed' on Android (4.2.2). No shutdown message on 'suspend' and no opencard message on 'resume'. Does the shutdown message only get sent when the app 'quits' (when imposed by the OS or the user)?

Looks like I may have to resort to using timers and activity monitoring ;(

Terry...

On 08/05/2013, at 09:51 AM, Terry Judd wrote:

> On 08/05/2013, at 09:11 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> On 5/7/13 4:35 PM, Terry Judd wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Jacque - looks like this is going to be more complicated than
>>> I'd like. If only the resume message was also sent.
>>
>> A resume message would be nice. I think you'll get an opencard though (but I can't remember.)
>
> OK - that would be really useful - I'm off to have a look.
>>
>> --

Dr Terry Judd
Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Eduction Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne