Finding orphaned "put"

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun May 5 19:53:57 EDT 2013

I agree it's not been hyped (or praised) as much as it deserves.

But, it's also not as good as it should have been :-(

Having had the great idea of keeping this info, someone should have said

    "let's keep that info for *every* line (actually, every section) of
output in the msg box"

and then have the "target" button take you to the line number in the
script for any specified line.
(And in fact, why not keep the whole executioncontexts, and the
millisecs, for every bit of output with some way to access it all when
needed ??)

I personally don't use it (yet?), because I *never* use orphaned "put"s,
I always use my own library handler(s) that gather output, show it in
the msg box or log it in a file or show it in a field or discard it ....
depending on the environment and on my own settings.

Upgrading my handlers to include some or all of the executioncontexts
info is definitely on my to-do list ....
    ... and tidying up these handlers to the point I could release them
somewhere is too, but somewhat lower in priority).

-- Alex.