Installing App on iPad

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 5 13:51:55 EDT 2013

On 5/5/13 2:41 AM, Nigel Soden wrote:
> Greeting
>
> Is there a way that I can load a LC application from my MAC to a iPad
> or iPhone without having to join the apple developers thingemajig.
> I've got both V5.5.3 and V6.0.1. I would like to use 6.0.1, without
> also having to purchase AirLaunch which doesn't work on v6.0.1.

Just to clarify, AirLaunch will not work with the community edition
because it's a secured stack, but the commercial edition of LiveCode 6.x
will run it fine.

The catch is, nothing can overcome Apple's lock on what you can install
on your iOS device. If you try to use AirLaunch without a developer
account or certificate, AirLaunch will dutifully transfer your app to
the device but as soon as the download is complete, Apple checks for a
valid certificate. If it can't find one, iOS refuses to complete the
installation.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com