User notes in dictionary

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 3 13:39:57 EDT 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 11:26 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 5/3/13 11:11 AM, Devin Asay wrote:
>>
>> On May 2, 2013, at 4:51 PM, <dunbarx at aol.com>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> I think I asked this a few years ago.
>>> I am using 5.5.4, but certain user notes in the dictionary do not appear unless I:
>>> Quit v.5x, Open v.4x, Close v.4x, and reopen v.5x.
>>> The user notes appear in 4, if I care to look for them. But they will not appear in 5 without that rigamarole.
>>> What gives?
>>

>> User notes were also not showing for me in 5.5.4. (Mac 10.7.5) I seem to remember something about the Dictionary user notes being tied to the Rev Online login. I tried this--
>>
>> 1. Log in to Rev Online (User Samples icon on toolbar.)
>>
>> 2. Quit 5.5.4, relaunch.
>>
>> User notes now appear.
>
> That could explain it. I can't log in to revOnline either. It hangs at "retrieving user login". It's been that way for weeks or months or whenever it started.

Yep, that happened to me, too. But then I quit LC and relaunched and revOnline was logged in when I went back into it. (I had checked the Remember me box or whatever it is). So it seems like the login works, but it doesn't update the interface. When you relaunch you're logged in.

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University