how to "check" a entry in a statusiconmenu

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu May 2 14:23:52 EDT 2013

Hi Matthias
I'm not familiar with the StatusIconMenu feature (is that an LC feature or
WIndows?) but I'd like to expand this thread to another aspect of
checkmarks and diamonds in option menu items if I may.

My experience on a Mac is that if you put a check mark against an option
menu item by inserting "!c" at the beginning of it, when that item is
selected from the option menu, the pitemname parameter to the menuPick
handler does not include the "!c".  It is there in the text of the option
menu so the only way to find out if an item is checked or not is to use the
menuHistory setting to get the selected line from the text of the option
menu and see if it begins with "!c".  Same applies to the "!n","!r","!u"
special characters.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>