Password protection in non-commercial 6.0.1

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed May 1 19:21:18 EDT 2013

On 02/05/2013, at 8:46 AM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> US government restrictions require that certain types of data be secured. (I know what Timothy's stack is about.)

So? That doesn't mean the stack needs to be password protected. Just the data encrypted. Most data isn't even protected by the password protection. He would need to be encoding data as script constants. Unless he's doing that he's really not complying with the regulations because anyone can get LC and get the data. Use the encrypt/decrypt commands and prompt the user for the password.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!