revOpenDatabase acting differently in IDE and standalone

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed May 1 17:50:16 EDT 2013

Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at ...> writes:

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ...> wrote:
>
> > Ah. In that case, LC 5.5.4 is your friend.
> > But you knew that already.
> >

> But this *is* 5.5.4 that can't open a postgres database from a standalone!
>
> It doesn't have a problem with sqlite, though, and the IDE (both 6.x and
> 5.5.4) can open postgres.

OK. My bad. I missed that. I thought you were saying you reverted to 5.5.4
because you couldn't get this working in 6.

It's been a while since I've had to try to open a postgres file, but I never
had problems with it before. I'll try it again tonight.

And just for a sanity check... you're accessing a remote postgres database,
not one on your development machine, right? And it works in the IDE but not
in a standalone running on the same machine as the IDE? (Asking because you
have to explicitly configure postgres to allow access from a remote machine).

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net