iOS scroller performance

charles at techstrategies.com.au charles at techstrategies.com.au
Sat Mar 23 03:39:29 EDT 2013

> Yes it's not good. There's only a few ways that I think the problem
> could be resolved.

This is one of the reasons I have struggled to use LiveCode for some of
the applications I have been working on.  I first tried LiveCode over a
year ago, but went back to native iOS development in XCode after
noticing the performance issues with scrollers and moving graphics in
general...

>  - implement native table view (much less flexible than the datagrid
> but it will scroll smoothly... could be done as an external, I have
> considered it, but again continues with the native v LiveCode control
> issue)

Lately I've been re-looking at LiveCode and wondering if there are some
ways to work around the performance issues, as I really like some of the
other benefits of LiveCode.  In fact, I have just started playing around
with iOS externals to test possible solutions, similar to what you have
just mentioned.

If you have any ideas that you don't have time to look at and are
willing to share, let me know.

Regards,

Charles