Sending mouseUp

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Mar 19 20:10:15 EDT 2013

Got a problem sending a mouseUp event to a button during preOpenCard.

My preOpenCard handler calls another handler that contains the send of the
mouseUp.  When that handler is called from preOpenCard, the mouseUp handler
never receives the message - I have an answer statement as the first
statement in the button mouseUp handler and it never triggers.

The same handler is called from other places after the card is opened and
the mouseUp message is received OK.

I changed the send to a dispatch and checked the it variable after the
dispatch and it contains "handled" even during preOpenCard processing.
 Also tried the "send in" form of send with various times up to 1000
milliseconds, still no luck

Does anyone know of any issues sending mouseUp messages during preOpenCard?
 I've run into several problems with code not working as expected during
preOpenCard but haven't run into this one before.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>