Place command question

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Mar 8 17:44:06 EST 2013

I'm using the place command in a script to place a shared group onto a
card.  I need to be able to refer to the new group after placing it but it
seems that the place command, unlike other commands that create controls,
does not put the long ID of the new group into the it variable.  I can kind
of understand that since the it's not really a "new" control.

I think I'm correct in saying that a shared group will always have the same
id no matter which card it's on.  If so, it's easy to refer to it after I
have placed it.

Could someone confirm that is the case?

Thanks,

Pete