finding hte position in the field when backspaceKey hit

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 18:27:12 EDT 2013

The problem seems to be that since its a combo box, the whole curent line
is considered selected no matter where the cursor is.

IF you put the cursor in the field of the combo box on any line and set
your backspace handler to get "the selectedtext" it returns the whole line
even if there is no hilite.  The combo box seems pretty limited in some
ways due to its hybrid nature.

You might consider rolling your own.  A field and an option button as a
custom control would probably work, and then you get access to all field
functionality.  I'm sure there are ways, but not sure fighting with the
combobox will ever get you to your destination unless you dig into the
underlying stuff.