finding hte position in the field when backspaceKey hit

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 18:07:14 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
> on backspaceKey
>    put the selectedChunk into field "log"
>    pass backspaceKey
> end backspaceKey
>
> However, I have a feeling I don't really understand what you are doing.

You are getting a different result than I am, at least if I single-step.

I get something like "char 900 to 915 of field 4" as the result of the
selectedChunk.

And what I'm really after is the cursor position, in case someone
clicked their way between characters 3 and 4 and deleted character 3.

Hmm, maybe I could solve this with "dispatch backspaceKey to this
card", and then it would go on, remove the character, and come back to
me to handle?  (or would the target change?)

increment recursionLevel, and either pass backspaceKey if not yet
recursed, and handle my own way if recursed?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462