AW: Where to write application data

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Jun 7 08:37:39 EDT 2013

Hello,

beside some preference files I have 8GB of video data for my application to
install. The videos can't be stored in a user folder, they have to be
accessible for all users. Because I am really not a Mac user or even
developer, so I didn't find the correct place for my videos on a Mac up to
now. Up to OS X 10.6 I stored the videos in
/library/preferences/MyCompany/Videos/ Then Apple restricted the user
permission to this directory, so I stored the videos in
/applications/MyCompany/Videos. This works up to now, though I know, that
this isn't a good style and people told me not to do that, but nobody could
point me a better place. Would "/Library/Application
Support/MyCompany/MyAppBundleID/" also be the best place for 8GB of video
data, though it aren't "prefence files" or where would you store this kind
of data?

Any hints very welcome.

Tiemo Hollmann

Auftrag