LiveCode and Linux

Joe Klemmer joe.klemmer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:47:17 EDT 2013

Very new to LiveCode but not Linux or programming in general.  I have
LiveCode Community 6.0.1 installed on my Fedora 18 box but I'm having
a small problem getting the mobile stuff configured.  When I go to
Preferences -> Mobile Support to setup for Android development, the
JDK path shows (none) and no matter what I enter in the "choose
directory" it remains none.  I have the Sun... I mean Oracle JDK
installed in /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_21/ and the OpenJDK in
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.19 but nothing I enter into this
input seems to take.

Also, when I try to set the Android SDK path, it keeps telling me
there's no SDK installed.  I have $HOME/Programs/android-sdk-linux,
$HOME/Programs/adt-bundle-linux-x86/sdk and
$HOME/Programs/android-studio/sdk.  One of these should be right.

Any pointers to where I could look for a solution or workaround or something?

Much thanks,
Joe

--
Indie Game Dev and Linux User