stack window rect...

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Tue Jan 22 11:10:07 EST 2013

Hi Paul,

Am 22.01.2013 um 16:40 schrieb Paul Dupuis <paul at researchware.com>:

> I am sure this has been discussed previously, but does anyone know of a
> function/property in LC to provide the working STACK rect? - i.e. the
> rect of a stack that includes OS borders and titlebar?

no, something like this this has not (yet) been implemented.

> It seems like there should be a "get the working rect of stack "XYZ"
> syntax that returns the rect of stack XYZ plus the border and titlebar
> dimensions added in.
>
> Or do I need to account for the different window border sizes and
> titlebar sizes for every different flavor and version of OS LiveCode
> runs on?!??

Yes.

I found an older text file on my hd that might get you started.
Copy to a new text document and view in a monospaced font, values in pixel:
    OS        Platform  SystemVersion  Title Bar LeftSide RightSide Bottom
Windows 95    Win32       4.0            24        4        4        4
Windows 98    Win32       4.10           24        4        4        4
Windows XP    Win32       NT 5.1         30        4        4        4
Mac OS 9      MacOS       9.2.2          22        6        7        6
Mac OS X      MacOS       10.2.6         22        1        1        1

> --
> Paul Dupuis
> Cofounder
> Researchware, Inc.