OT: Super duper scripts in MS Word

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 18 11:30:26 EST 2013

This is WAY off topic, but I don't know where else to turn. Google has failed me  entirely.

I need TWO levels of superscript in MS Word. X to the Y power to the Z power. Three levels of text: base level, superscript level, and super-duper script level.

Now I know that it is possible. I have a manuscript with such a beast. Each level is editable and so I can use is as a template for all such instance of two levels of superscript.

But, and here is the annoying part: I have no idea how I first achieved this results. I have tried all combination of MS Word superscript formatting, without success.

I have tried the obvioius: FIrst create Y to the Z power, and then apply this as a superscript for X. But the power of X become YZ. Z is no longer a superscript of Y.

Is there even a way to look at the underlying Word code to see how I achieves this?

Jim Hurley

I am thinking of publishing a MS Word document of but one word: X to the Y to the Z. Super-duper scripting as a utility.