More about audio-video

Robert Sneidar slylabs13 at me.com
Thu Jan 17 18:59:13 EST 2013

Do you mean Codecs? To answer your question, yes and no. If you never use WMP, you will probably not have a lot of codecs it supports. Even if you do, you may not have all of them. While the audio codec would probably be installed as a dll in Windows somewhere, and so be an OS function, some app probably put it there. Try playing a wmv file on OS X. You will need Flip4Mac. Once you install it, anything needing to play WMV files will have access to the codec. So the correct answer I suppose is, yes, no.

Bob