Strange contents of long name

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Jan 16 16:06:35 EST 2013

There was a thread a couple of days ago about changes in the way text
properties were handled in a recent release.  That's not three but my point
was that the "backwards compatible" argument isn't a hard and fast rule, as
I think you're saying with reference to the shared group message change.

As you say the fix doesn't really help as an overall solution, so I am left
with little choice but to either check version numbers and do things
differently accordingly or use a method that will work in all versions.

Judging by the response to this thread, I doubt my tool is the only one to
be affected by this!

Pete

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> Actually, it's pretty rare that they change the behavior of tokens that
> have been in the language for a long time.  Can you name three examples?  I
> might be able to, but I can't think of that many offhand.   The only one
> that comes to mind was the change to the way messages pass through shared
> groups, but there - as with this one - the change was so unquestionably
> beneficial that it was worth updating my apps to accommodate.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>