iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Mon Jan 7 20:45:41 EST 2013

You'll see your devices listed under the distribution profile too. If you're making a profile for ad hoc then the devices can be selected. If you're making it for App Store, then the devices can't be selected.

What will never work is to use a development provisioning profile along with a distribution certificate, or vice versa.