iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jan 6 16:11:42 EST 2013

On 1/6/13 11:34 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> My app works in the simulator, but when I try to save it as a
> standalone in order to get it onto the iPad, I get codesigning
> failures: there seem to be six failures (whatever that means) and two
> of these look identical. I did not get these when I first set up my
> (now expired) digital 'asset's

First off, don't feel bad, I don't think anyone really gets what is
going on. I just did whatever the site said to do and somehow it
mysteriously worked. I haven't had to deal with expired certificates yet
but I will within the next few weeks.

 From what I've heard on the list here, expired certificates can cause
codesigning problems even if you have new ones. You have to make sure
all the old ones are deleted. You can do that in XCode or directly in
Finder. Some people just delete them all and then re-download and
install the new ones.

Once you've done that, you have reset the profile in LiveCode, even if
it appears to be using one with the same name. It needs to be re-linked.

The reason you have two certificates is because one is for you and one
is for your "team". I generally use the team one. I don't know why.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com