iOS standalone - what to do about code signing failures?

Dave Kilroy dave at businessplaninsight.com
Sun Jan 6 15:30:48 EST 2013

Hi Graham

If I try to build a standalone for iOS I'll get two error messages; the first alert (showing the LiveCode logo) says:

"Codesigning failed with 1) 0C076C94DC082497E47F5FA2F5A390A29E2C400 "iPhone Developer: Dave Kilroy (E7QB8D7WFM)" "

As well as a "1)" I'll also get a "2)" a "3)" and a "4)" failures, most but not all apparently lined to my 'bad' developer certificate

If I 'OK' that error message I'll get another, this time with a red 'X' symbol telling me that "There was an error saving the standalone application" with the same error from the previous alert repeated

What do you see when your codesigning fails? With any luck you don't have the same problem I have!

BTW, just in case you seem to have an extra, unwanted certificate, it is worth checking that KeyChain (watch out for storage of public and private keys) and Xcode (watch out for the Preferences folder in the Library) are not holding copies of such a certificate on your hard-drive

Good luck!

Dave